Monday, July 30, 2012

Day three and run out of things to say

Poop.  This blogging lurk may well be trickier that I thought.

I was thinking about Mrs Woog's post "50 shades of Woog" and the seduction technique of people you have lived with for a long time.  It is a tricky business and one that most couples have some handle on after the first decade, assuming they have not given it up entirely.

In the instance delicately drawn by Mrs Woog, the manner of asking presupposes the negative.

While I am not denigrating the mutual coincidence of wants that  is the essence of the quickie, most women like a bit of time to warm up to the idea.  We are not talking dinner and a bottle of French champagne here.  Something along the lines of "dinner was delicious.  If I put the kids to bed then wash up, would you like to go to bed early?" would suffice, especially if accompanied by a suggestive smile. 

In my own case, the husbandal unit likes to make some preliminary advances to test the friendliness of the opposition territory.  This might, hypothetically, include biting me on the back of the neck while I am ordering small goods at the deli.  If, in such a instance, I was to rocket up into the air and hit the ceiling, he would take that as a clue that the game was afoot. 

Alternately, and sadly this just may be me, there is a lot to be said for that wonderful line, "I've just cleaned the toilet."

Did you know that some newborns sleep so soundly you can jackhammer against their bedroom wall and they don't wake?

No comments:

Post a Comment